Search for similar items
Software Support Item
How do I make my first icon with IconBuilder?
We suggest you read the Tutorial included with your IconBuilder download. If you just can’t wait, here is a very simple, step-by-step guide to making your first icon:
- Navigate to the IconBuilder Essentials folder, locate the IconBuilder Grid Files folder and open the file named Macintosh.psd.
- Create a new, blank layer to work on and draw or paste your icon resources on that layer, over the spots marked by the grid placement boxes.
- Launch IconBuilder by selecting Filter > Iconfactory > IconBuilder
- Go to the Presets Menu and select Macintosh – Normal.
- Click the Build button (left arrow) located between the Resource List and View Panel. Result: The Resource List should fill in with the data appearing in the marquees of the selected preset.
- Click the Save button.
- Name the file and choose a location to save your icons.
- Select the icon resource file types to be saved. (To view the Mac icon on the Desktop, be sure to select Macintosh custom icon > Pasted on a folder)
- Click Save Folder. Result: The file types you selected should be saved in a folder in the location you specified.
Can't Find It?
We've tried to anticipate most questions you might have. However, if you can't find the answer you're looking for here, send us your query and we'll answer it personally.